Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy New Year...

I always think about making New Year's Resolutions, and I never actually make any. Rather than believing that this is my extreme procrastination rearing it's ugly head, I choose to believe that it would be a waste of time to make them. Now, it's not because I have nothing that needs "resolving," because I certainly do, but I guess I feel like making resolutions just because it's the first of the year is too random.

But since it's the time of year that people share their resolutions, I'll share a few of the things I'm working on...

1. Baby weight...so it's been 9 weeks since Baby Jeff was born, and while I've lost some of the weight, I'm not back in my pre-pregnancy pants (which, honestly, isn't the size I want to be either, BUT it's my first goal). I keep saying I'm going to start walking at least, and eating better...but I haven't really been doing that yet.

2. Debt. Yep, we all have it. I'm actually feeling pretty good about that fact that we have less now than we did last year, so that's a move in the right direction. We have a new baby and some other new expenses have come up recently, but I think we're still going to be on track as long as we don't lose sight of what we're going for.

3. Exercise. Yes, it's kind of related to #1, but I also realize I should be doing some exercise just for my general health as well...

4. "Me" time. I don't do it. I have work time, taking care of the kids time, and sleep time (which includes taking care of the kids time since they both sleep in my bed), and since my husband works evenings, I don't have the opportunity to go out or even sit and read a book. I have often said that is part of what being a mom of 2 little ones IS, but I think a little me time would be a good idea. One of the challenges here will be to make sure this doesn't counteract the debt thing (i.e. Me time can't = spending money time)

5. Keeping in touch with people more. So I'm thinking that maybe this blog will help a little there. People who want to know what's going on in my life can read it and see some pics of the family if they want. In addition to the blog, I'm trying to keep up with people through email, but honestly, I've never been good at that, except in spurts.

6. Going to church REGULARLY. I enjoy going to church. I like my kids going to church. I like the people at my church, and the minister. I'm not good at getting out of bed and getting the kids ready to go to church and actually making it there, and my husband is even worse at those things.

I'm actually working on a few more little things, but I think if the list is 25 things long, you'll all think I have nothing good going for me. Ha ha. Honestly though, these are the big ones. I actually think writing them out here will help me pay attention to them. I do know that experts say that you should concentrate on one or two at a time...and that's just not how I am. I'm an all or nothing kind of person...I honestly have a very addictive personality, and I guess I've known it for a long time, so I've always stayed away from things people are generally addicted to (alcohol, tobacco, gambling, etc...)

Ok, my fussy baby boy has decided this post is long enough for today. Feel free to share some of your goals if you're so inclined.

No comments: