Sunday, January 20, 2008

Tantrum Boy

In the last few days, BB has earned himself the nickname "Tantrum Boy." (Though I am smart enough not to call him it to his face, as he may think it's his cool superhero name or something...and start to have MORE tantrums to live up to it.) Though he has been 2 for about 7 months, the "terrible" part of the "terrible 2's" is beginning to manifest itself. I'm sure the fact that SuperJ is only 3 months old and gets lots of mommy's attention is probably related to the manifestation of the "terrible" in him. BB is actually still very good most of the time, and he's got the cute factor really going for him. He has well timed, "Mama, hug please?" to save himself from being sold to the gypsies.

I told my husband(J) I was going to sell BB to the gypsies this week. I was expecting a response along the lines of, "What did he do?" or "Hasn't he been good?" but what I got from him was...
"I don't think you'd get much for him." Clearly, he doesn't understand the point of selling the boy. While I am always in favor of making a good profit (I like to consider myself frugal...J would call me cheap), that's not really the point of the whole selling-BB-to-the-gypsies thing.

Today, BB has been a little less of TantrumBoy, though it's probably because I haven't made him do much. We slept through church for multiple reasons (one being that I forgot to put the sheets in the dryer last night, so at bedtime, we had to stay up late while we dried the sheets...), so I didn't get him up and make him get dressed. He wore his pajamas until about an hour ago when we took them off to take a bath before bed (and now he's wearing pajamas again, though clean ones). We did some of his favorite things today - vacuumed (yes, he loves to vacuum), took the trash out, snacked all day, drew animals on the dry erase board, and jumped around acting crazy (ok, so that was all him - I didn't jump around much.) It would have been a perfect day to play outside (high of 65 today), but we just didn't make it, unless you count taking out multiple bags of trash and recycling "playing."

Tomorrow morning I plan to get up early and sneak away to work, leaving unsuspecting J to deal with both boys in the morning and get them to daycare. (Ok, so that won't actually happen, but I would like to. I will probably leave both boys with him when I go to work, but I won't just sneak out.)


No comments: