Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Darn American Brain...

So I'm in the drive-thru at McDonald's...yes, really...and I say to myself, "The double cheeseburger is only 99 cents, and the cheeseburger is 79 cents, so it's a better idea to get the double cheeseburger. It's a better VALUE. Otherwise, McDonald's is pulling one over on my by getting 79 cents out of me for only a single cheeseburger!"

ARGH! This is terrible thinking! In the end, of course, it means I've spent more money, eaten more fat/calories, etc. It's REALLY more money if you count the gym membership I need and the angioplasty I'd prefer to avoid.

So now to commiserate, I'm going to go have a bowl of ice cream...

1 comment:

Mama Tango said...

Well, I've been having dairy cravings, which my American brain translates into ice cream, as opposed to a nice big glass of milk or string cheese or something healthy...so I feel ya.

Thanks for the offer of clothes...since you're, what, 5 inches shorter than me, I'm not sure anything would fit, lol, but I really appreciate the offer!