Sunday, February 17, 2008

Mom math

A seemingly infinite number of things to do
+ the 30 minutes BB will be distracted by Blue's Clues
- SuperJ getting the hiccups
+ 8 loads of laundry to do
- a closet full of clothes nobody wears
= more frustration that it's worth...

I feel like there are an infinite number of things to be done and that I will never be cought up. I waver between doing as much as I can and feeling good about what I do get accomplisted and feeling like it's a waste to do anything other than what absolutely has to be done since I'll never get all the stuff done anyway. Sadly, these sentiments about all that there is to get done can waver several times in an hour...

So I sit and blog. Procrastination is an excellent addition to having seemingly infinite things to do, don't you know?

And then...I try to get some perspective. I know people who make $3 a week (not in this country, obviously.) I know people who have chronically ill kids. I know people who had their spouse die at 27 years old. I know lots and lots of people will friends and loved ones in the middle of a war. So how sad is it that sometimes a pile of laundry can drive be completely batty? I can actually get to the point where I feel sorry for myself for having to take care of my house, kids, job, etc. Don't get me wrong - I am VERY grateful to even have a house, kids, and job (and the etc...) It's so weird to be able to know how very lucky I am to have all the things I have and still be such a mopey fool about having so much to do.

Ok, so now I feel bad about feeling bad. What a crazy world. I'm going to go try to be grateful that my family has clothes...while I wash them...

No comments: