Thursday, September 18, 2008

What kind of special is that??

I went to the cafeteria at work this morning, and I saw the daily special...2 eggs, 2 bacon and toast for $3.00.

Ok, sounds good, and I order the "special."

Then, as I often do, I start thinking...2 eggs are $1.00...2 bacon are $1.00...toast is $0.50...hmmm...
So, the $3.00 "special" would only be $2.50 if I bought it on any other day. While this is "special," it's not actually the type of special I was looking for.

As I pay for breakfast, I tell the cashier (who I know and love) that I don't want the special - I'd rather pay for what I actually bought as if it's a la carte...at which point, adding it up, she also realizes the special conundrum. I'm like...is this an extra fee for people who don't do the math? I told her to keep track of how many people (if any) notice and mention it to her...just because I'm curious to see if anyone else even notices...

Apparently, today is the "extra fee for people who don't do the math special..."

No comments: