Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Fruit Loop grossness...

About 15 minutes after I get to work today, I get a call that Ben threw up at daycare. Ok, so I get someone to cover for me (as I'm supposed to be training a class, sorta...) and I go pick him up. He had a bath at daycare (home daycare) to was off all the grossness, and he's all clean and in new clothes. She tells me he threw up slimy purple, which I figure was the combo of Milk and Flintstone Vitamin he had at home.

So we got home, and Ben was all snuggly and lethargic for awhile, then he told me he wanted juice. So I give him about an ounce of juice, and it stays down, so about 20 minutes later I give him another ounce of juice and a saltine. Still down. Woohoo. We sit for a bit and he is visibly feeling better, and he tells me he wants Fruit Loops. Hmm...ok. And milk, in a cup, not on the Fruit Loops. Hmm...ok...

Needless to say, if you read the title of the post, I think you know what happened next, and I wasn't even PREPARED. No bucket, towel, trash can, anything... Fruit Loop grossness all over the carpet (and Ben - shirt, pants, hands, feet... andI actually did the reflex thing where you see something falling...and I reached out to CATCH the handfulls of grossness!!)

So after Ben's second bath of the day, he watched cartoons while I got out the carpet cleaner and cleaned the Fruit Loop vomit out of the carpet. He was actually pretty amused by it, which made me at least slightly more amused by it that I would have otherwise been. Luckily, he didn't actually feel that bad today, apart by freaking out while he threw up (which makes sense, it's a weird feeling...)...

No comments: