Wednesday, April 9, 2008

A Good Use for a Bad Thing

I went to the dentist yesterday and got some cavities filled...I have to say I don't remember the last time I had a cavity filled, but I do remember it was in a baby tooth if that's any indication.

Actually, I also have to say I don't remember THIS time I got cavities filled either. Yep, date rape drug meets dentistry...it's a good combo. Ok, so I don't actually know that it is specifically the same drug, but it does, from my understanding, basically the same thing. You go into the dentist perfectly alert, and then they drug you...you can talk, get up (with a little help, a few hours later) and walk out of the office to your car, have a conversation with your husband on the way home - even find, open, and put in new contact lenses with absolutely no recollection of doing any of the above (and you can apparently also get some dental work done in between.)

This is SO the right way to get dental work done in my opinion.

It's funny because I'm kind of a control freak, so you'd think I wouldn't like having no idea what happened, but I am so anti-dental work that loosing the control part of the experience doesn't bother me in the slightest.

1 comment:

Dayna said...

Hey! Thanks for leaving a comment and letting me know you've been reading! I so hate dental work, I'm going ot have to remember this for next time!